The Singapore Sling is widely regarded as the national cocktail of the city state of Singapore. First created at the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel in 1915 by bartender Ngiam Tong Boon, it’s now an internationally-recognized drink served at cocktail bars around the world. Below is the original recipe as it is still made and served at the historic Long Bar.
- 30ml London Dry gin
- 15ml Cherry Heering Liquor
- 7.5ml Cointreau
- 7.5ml Benedictine
- 120ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 15ml fresh lime juice
- 10ml grenadine syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Garnish: Pineapple slice or Maraschino cherry
- Fill a Collins glass with ice and place in freezer for later.
- Add gin, Cherry Heering Liquor, Cointreau, Benedictine, pineapple juice, lime juice, grenadine syrup and Angostura bitters (basically everything except the garnish) into cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake, then strain into Collins glass.
- Garnish with Pineapple slice or Maraschino cherry or both.
Yields 1 glass