With a name like that, it’s no surprise that the Manhattan cocktail’s birth can be traced back to New York City. It is now considered a classic, and is well-known in bars around the world. It’s a drink whisky lovers will enjoy, especially if you are fond of cocktails like a Negroni or an Old Fashioned, as similar ingredients are used. Here’s a recipe to make your own classic Manhattan.
- 60ml whisky (rye is preferred)
- 15ml sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: Maraschino cherry
- Fill mixing glass with ice, add in whisky, vermouth and bitters, then stir well
- Strain mixture into Coupe glass, garnish with cherry and serve
Yields 1 drink